- Preliminary operation
- How to enter the Fastweb FASTGate router
- From PC
- Give smartphone and tablet
- How to enter the Fastweb Technicolor router
- In case of problems
It is your intention log into the Fastweb router to tinker with its settings, the first thing you need to do is equip yourself with a PC, a smartphone or a tablet: you can enter the modem using any device with a browser, even if the graphic aspect of the management interface could change slightly depending on whether you are viewing it from a computer or a mobile device.
Once you have chosen the device to operate from, connect it to the Wi-Fi network generated by the router itself or, better yet, directly to the router via an Ethernet cable and wait for the connection to be established. So try to surf the Internet to verify that everything works.
After this step, you need to identify theIP address of the router, which you will have to type in the browser, in order to access the device management panel. You can obtain this information in many ways, depending on the operating system you are using: let me quickly explain how to do it.
- Windows - open the Command Prompt calling it from the folder Windows Accessories from the menu Home, type in the command ipconfig and press the key Submit keypad: the IP address of the router is specified in correspondence with the entry Default gateway. Alternatively, you can also issue the same command from PowerShell, which you can open by right clicking on the button Home Windows and clicking on the appropriate resident item in the menu that appears.
- MacOS - open the terminal of the Mac, invoking it from the Launchpad (l'icona della grid or the rocket which is located on the Dock bar) and type the command ipconfig getifaddr en1, if you are using Wi-Fi, or ipconfig getifaddr en0, if you are using the Ethernet cable. To get the information you are looking for, press the button Submit of the keyboard.
- Android - go to the menu Settings> Network and Internet> Wi-Fi of the operating system, tap on the symbol ofgear corresponding to name of the network to which you are connected and then on the voice Advanced, residing in the next panel. The router IP is located under the entry Gateway. Keep in mind that the items to press may differ slightly from what you see on your device: it all depends on the Android edition installed on it.
- iOS / iPadOS - go to the menu Settings> Wi-Fi of iOS, locate the name of the wireless network you are connected to and press the button (I) placed in its correspondence to view the advanced information. The information you are looking for is found on the next screen, corresponding to the item Router.
If you need an extra hand to find the IP address of the router, read my guide dedicated to the topic.
How to enter the Fastweb FASTGate router
The time has finally come to get to the heart of this guide and to show you, in practice, how to enter the Fastweb router. Let's start with the model FASTGate, one of the most recent (at least at the time of writing) distributed “as standard” to the famous manager's customers.
” width=“610” height=“404” />
If no changes have been applied previously, the FASTGate modem can be reached by connecting to the address 192.168.1.254 or http://myfastgate through any browser. If these addresses do not work in your case, independently derive the IP of the modem following the instructions I gave you in the initial chapter of this guide, enter it inside the address bar browser and press the button Submit.
If everything went well, you should find yourself in front of the FASTGate login screen: if this is the first time you enter the device, you will be asked to specify a username it's a Password (which must be typed twice), to be used for subsequent logins. Otherwise, you will be asked to enter the username and administration password specified above.
If you have previously set a username and password combination that you don't remember, you can try to cope with it by following my guide on how to see the modem password.
Once logged in, you can act on the various parameters of the router using the items resident in the top menu and on the left sidebar of the management panel. Below is a list of the options included in each section.
- Home - allows you to view the status of the router, connected devices and LED lights. Furthermore, it allows you to act quickly on the options parental control and on devices in the family, as well as carrying out a speed test.
- Wi-Fi - from here it is possible to define the settings relating to the main wireless network (change of network name and key, division by band, WPS and automatic network shutdown) and of the guest network (name, password, restrictions on services / navigation and maximum time of use).
- Connection - this section allows you to view the statistics relating to the speed of the line and to quickly perform a speed test. There is also an area dedicated to editing and managing Wi-Fi channels.
- devices - this section allows you to view the network devices connected or associated with the router and to add or remove them from the family list. If a device is added to this last list, it is also possible, again from the same section, to associate a static IP with it.
- Advanced - here are the settings relating to the parental control, the restriction of access for certain devices, the configuration of the ports, the USB server and any SIM combined with the Mobile backup de, FASTGate option. Furthermore, also from this section it is possible to change the IP address of the modem and the range of IPs to be assigned to the connected devices, associate static IPs to the latter and, finally, specify the IPv6 options.
- Modem - from this section it is possible to check, enable or disable the status LEDs of the router, carry out diagnostic tests for line and Wi-Fi and view the status of the Ethernet ports.
- Information - here is the FASTGate technical sheet, together with a button that allows you to restart it.
- Telephone - from this section it is possible to access data relating to the landline and / or telephone associated with the router (telephone number, calls received, missed, made, and so on).
After applying any changes, remember to click on the button Save changes / Apply to make it effective. When you are done, you can exit the FASTGate router management panel by clicking on thelittle man located at the top right and selecting the item LOGOUT give the menu to compare.
Give smartphone and tablet
If you prefer, you can also manage the FASTGate router from your smartphone or tablet: after connecting to the Wi-Fi network generated by the modem itself, you must open the browser you usually use to surf the Internet and enter the address barIP of the FASTGate or the URL http://myfastgate.
After pressing the button Submit of the virtual keyboard, define the username and Password to be used for future accesses (or enter those defined previously) and follow the same indications as for PC, as the router management methods are almost identical. In order to access the various menus and dedicated sections, you must press the i symbol three overlapping rhombuses, which is located in the upper left corner of the page.
Alternatively, if you use the app MyFastweb (which I remind you to be available for Android, even for devices without Play Store, and for iOS / iPadOS), you can use it to quickly manage the most important aspects of the router, such as activating / deactivating the LEDs, changing the network password Wi-Fi, speed test, connected devices and call history.
To do this, open the app in question, log in using the personal data that were provided to you when signing the contract (if you no longer have them, visit this page to retrieve them), tap the ☰ button located in top left and select the item FASTGate give the menu to compare.
At this point, tap on the item that best suits the settings on which you want to intervene, chosen from those available: Wi-Fi, Speedtest, devices, Telephone e Advanced Settings.
In particular, this last option allows you to intervene on the modem lights and quickly reach the management panel of the same: by pressing the button Other settings, a browser screen will open containing the router login page (the one I told you about a moment ago, so to speak).
How to enter the Fastweb Technicolor router
The steps to complete for log into the Fastweb Technicolor router are not at all different from those seen so far: therefore open the browser of your choice, connected toIP address of the router (With art. 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.154) and, if this is your first time logging in, fill in the field username with the word fastweb and leave the field blank Password.
To change the access key after the first login, click on username located at the top left (marked with the symbol of a little man) and choose the item for change the password. If you have trouble logging in, try to follow the directions in my guide on how to see the modem password.
The various router configuration options are enclosed in the left sidebar and may differ slightly based on the exact model of router you have. Generally speaking, you should have menu items similar to the following.
- Home - is the main page of the router, which contains a series of information relating to the status of the network and connected devices and allows you to quickly access the main sections of the router configuration menu.
- [model name] Gateway - this is a summary page containing basic information about the router.
- Broadband connection - if available, it allows you to configure the parameters relating to any Internet Key or SIM connected to the router.
- Toolbox - this section allows you to configure the security settings (firewall, remote access, intrusion detection, parental control, etc.) and the details of the network services offered by the router (dynamic DNS, FTP server, UPnP, etc.).
- Home network - this is the section that allows you to adjust the parameters of wireless networks (including its name and password) and wired networks.
Remember, after each change, to click on the button for save applied settings, otherwise they may be lost.
In case of problems
Although you have slavishly followed the steps I have given you in the course of this guide, you have not been able to enter the Fastweb router, or rather, to make the necessary changes for you?
In this case, I advise you to refer to the user manual of the router in your possession, in order to obtain precise indications on what to do; in this regard, this page of the Fastweb portal will surely help you, in which the user manuals are available for the network devices supplied directly by the operator, and for the officially supported “external” ones.
If, even in this way, you are unable to solve the problem, I suggest you get in direct contact with a Fastweb operator, by visiting the section Quick app MyFastweb or using the other contact channels made available by the manager, which I told you about in my tutorial on how to talk to a Fastweb operator.How to enter the Fastweb router